Tuesday, 3 January 2012

...tuesday treasures...

I decided, as it is the New Year, to organize my apartment. I'm going to be starting school again shortly (just a community college-- around here my History degree doesn't seem to count for much), and it's always best to study without clutter. While tidying up, I came across a lot of sketchbooks and supplies-- making me wish I could work on my art more often. I decided to make this week's Tuesday Treasures about art--

Me and Art have an interesting relationship. I was in Art Education before turning to History at my university. Although I may be artistic- I am very representational. I like to see talent. I get chills looking at the "boring" oil paintings show by my teachers as limiting and unimaginative (like to see THEM paint like that!) If you want to communicate an idea, but don't have the art skills-- write an essay. Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, but I'm sick of gallery shows where someone sticks an upside-down chair in the middle of the room, along with a 3 page artist statement. If you have to qualify it that much-- you failed. I like illustration because it is beautiful, representational, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I like impressionism because it takes what is there and grabs its essence in a playful way. Here are some art that I've found on Etsy: Enjoy!

Gorgeous Girls: I stumbled upon this artist from her Calendar, found HERE: Isn't her art gorgeous? It's so dreamy and dramatic at the same time.
Cute Quail: Aren't these guys sweet? I love the simplicity of them. This would be so cute in a kid's room! Find it HERE:
Perfect Palette Knife I just love this one. I can't get over how many colours the artist uses, yet it still reads like a summer night. I am a sucker for impressionistic landscapes. I'd love to try painting in this style someday. Find it HERE:
Sweet Illustration: I love this artist! I stumbled upon her work last night. It's so cute, but a little bit gothic! Definitely check out her Etsy page! Find her HERE:
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Karen

    I think your web site is great. Way to go. You have put together a very saleable presentation.

    Barrito (Gramps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Grandpa! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments. Feel free to drop me a line ❤