Monday, 5 March 2012

...eleven random things...

I tried to do this the proper way, but I honestly couldn't think of eleven random things--- I'm too burnt out from last week's studying 800 pages of medical terminology. I enjoyed reading a few of these so I thought I'd try and participate!
I took these questions from Rebecca Caridad of Manzanita...http://rebeccacaridadblog.blogspot.com/
Questions
1. Describe your perfect day, who would be there? 2. If you could do one thing that would be felt worldwide, what would it be? (stolen from Danielle) 3. What is your favorite book of all time? 4. If you could keep any wild animal as a pet what would it be? 5. Describe your first kiss? 6. If you could time travel to one era when would it be and why? 7. Who taught you your most cherished lesson and what was it? 8. How did you meet your best friend? 9. What do you photograph most? 10. What do you look forward to every day? 11. If you could listen to one musician for the rest of your life who would it be?
My Answers
  1. My perfect day would be spent at the ocean on a hot August Day in Parksville BC. The oceans around here are freezing, but in Parksville (two hours up island) there are acres of sand and the shallow tides keeps the water a lovely swimming temperature. Last year Nate and I stayed in a little motel there for two nights, played mini-golf and ski-ball at the cutest little 'fun park', and listened to live music in a park while eating those little warm mini-doughnuts. It was perfection.
  2. Help people put aside religious differences and prejudices and work together for the greater good.
  3. My favourite book of all time is actually a collection of stories-- Grimm's Fairy Tales for the Young and Old. It's the original, undisney-ized, slightly creepy fairy tales. My favourite is Snow White.
  4. Definitely a sloth. Have you ever seen a baby one? Cutest things ever. My boyfriend and I have this little inside joke, about sloths--- we call them 'sloathes' like David Attenborough does in Planet Earth. They're just so happy and calm.
  5. My first kiss was in a swimming pool. The boy I like tried to kiss my cheek, then slid off my face because it was wet. We were so nervous that we didn't even laugh... romantic right?
  6. As a history major, I should probably pick something more exciting, but I would say the 1950s. I'd love to be able to be a stay at home mum, look after kids, knit, and have ladies over for tea in my pink kitchen. Yes, I glossed over a million social problems etc, but I don't like the idea of visiting an era like Early Modern England with no knowledge of sanitation or any ability to cure the slightest ailment... the plague doesn't sound too fun.
  7. My mum always encouraged me to work/study hard and the value of taking pride in those accomplishments. Without this lesson, I think I would have struggled in school. I've always gotten good grades, but I've had to work hard to get them. I'm grateful someone pushed me to try my best and prove to myself what I can do.
  8. My best friend is my boyfriend, Nate. We have the oddest story. I had a friend from the dorms that invited me to see her friend's band play live at some nightclub. I was wavering whether I wanted to go. I usually cringe hearing people play live--- unless they're really good. I went with my friend, met up with the lead singer (her friend) and the drummer (my boyfriend's cousin). I was invited to go to the drummer's birthday-- then started hanging out with the group of guys on the weekends. My boyfriend lived in the suite under the house. We knew each other for about a year before we started dating. Very random!
  9. I probably photograph my dolls the most! I was so happy when I came up with the canvas backdrop with fabric to photograph them on. I get a kick out of seeing something I made look its best. Other than business, I probably photograph my city and the ocean the most. I love living by the ocean-- it never looks the same. Grey, navy, sapphire, green-- choppy, white caps, smooth as glass-- It's always beautiful.
  10. I look forward to waking up besides Nate. Okay, I know that sounds terribly sappy. But it's lovely to wake up to the face of someone you love. There's nothing like it. If I had to go with non-sappy-- I'd say I look forward to creating things... even if I only get as far as writing them down.
  11. This may surprise some, but definitely Marilyn Manson. I was obsessed growing up, and I listened to his CD's nonstop. Not all of it is heavy--- some is really soft, some kinda jazzy, some a little bit more industrial-- it has enough variation that I don't think I'd get sick of it.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Feel free to drop me a line ❤