Happy New Year!
I have caught a bit of an organization bug this recently. I've always been a little disastrous (but well meaning!) with my home. I think I used to just get overwhelmed at the loads of crafting supplies. Now I "get" what works and am slowly implementing it. I also got a kick-ass vacuum for Christmas, so these aging apartment carpets are going to have a face lift (I can hope!)
Anyways, with all of the New Years and motivational stuff going around, I decided to make a few resolutions...
1. Take better care of myself (exercise, eat better, floss... you know, the usual)
2. Take more care to put things away and don't let things pile up into Hurricane Karen. (A term an old boyfriend <not always so affectionately> coined)
3. Learn to enjoy doing nothing more. Put on a movie or pick up a book, make a cup of tea, and just enjoy being. I'm terrible at relaxing and always feel fidgety if I'm not "making" something. I really need to work on this.
4. Really start pushing to make my <<dream>> of an illustrated card line a <<reality>>.
5. Sell the dolls at a craft fair or local flea market... not a huge expensive fair where they'll get lost in the shuffle.
6. Update this blog regularly! (I'm the worst)
7. Keep a positive attitude about work, even if it is a bit frazzling sometimes.
8. Try to get out of the house more. Go to a coffee shop. Get food from some little hole in the wall. It's so easy to be a hermit when you live alone.
9. Organize my closet. Get rid of things that don't fit, I've always hated etc.
10. Not feel guilty and mad at myself that I cut my hair. I'm growing it out again, that does not make it a failure. I'm just trying to deal with it. It's frustrating. I'm scissor happy. I'll keep trying different styles until I find something that works. If it's always in an ugly stage, oh well.
I also have decided to do a 52 project (365 projects sound lovely, but this is definitely more manageable... (plus where the heck would I put 365 dolls?!?!) I'll try to keep to it the best I can ^_^.